ClipStar is a soft clipper effect plugin by delamancha, designed to prevent peaks in a subtler way than hard clipping, increase loudness and add pleasing saturation.
Where ClipStar differs from other clippers is that it can leave the low frequencies untouched, where distortion is more evident, and allow a greater boost in gain without noticeably degrading the signal. You can use ClipStar for peak protection, for loudness gain or for sympathetic distortion depending on your mood and the phase of the moon.
- Vintage style soft clipper with low-frequency bypass and comprehensive metering.
- In gain & Out gain adjustable to +/- 30 dB.
- The soft clip limit can be set from 0 to -30 dB.
- Low-frequency bypass cut off from 0 to 1000 Hz.
- Low-frequency gain can be adjusted from +/- 30 dB.
- Subtle coloring from a home-made blend of harmonics, saturation, and noise.
- Optional hard limiting on final output.
- Metering covers stereo input, output, and gain reduction. All meters show actual and peak levels.
- Adjustable peak meter hold time.
- Double-click knob resets.
- Windows and VST only