I have recently written the best guide on the top best microphone stands for singing, in this guide I would look into some of the best microphone stand boom, but before I do, what is a microphone stand boom or boom arm?
A microphone stand boom is designed to have an extended arm that is attached to the top of the stand, this way, the microphone can move in a horizontal plane. One good thing about a microphone stand boom is that it allows the stand to be further wat from the user, another great advantage of a boom stand is that it is flexible and if you think about it, you get free modularity.
The following are the uses of a boom arm or stand boom:
- They are designed to position the mic in from of the performer or user without the awkwardness of positioning the upright portion of the stand directly in front of the performer
- They are flexible, detachable and promote modularity
- It let the performer or musician closer to the sound source when trying to save space.
- Things To Consider Before Buying a Microphone Boom Arm
- Recommended Microphone Stand Boom or Boom Arm
- IXTECH Boom Arm - Adjustable 360° Rotatable Microphone Arm
- QuadCast Boom Arm Mic Stand, Adjustable Suspension Boom Scissor Arm Stand
- Neewer Microphone Arm Stand, Heavy-Duty Mic Arm Microphone Stand Suspension Scissor Boom Stand
- Microphone Arm Stand, TONOR Adjustable Suspension Boom Scissor Mic Stand with Pop Filter
- Microphone Stand Boom Arm, THRONMAX S3 Adjustable 360° Rotatable Mic Arm Desk
Things To Consider Before Buying a Microphone Boom Arm
There are several things to consider before buying a boom arm for a microphone, such as the weight and size of the microphone, the length and durability of the boom arm, and the type of mount it uses. Additionally, you may want to consider the intended use of the microphone and boom arm, as well as any specific features or accessories that you need.
Below are some essential factors to consider before buying a microphone boom arm:
Weight & Size of the Microphone
You should ensure the boom arm you are buying supports the weight and size of your microphone, as well as any accessories or attachments you plan to use. If you get the wrong size or weight, then it might not be useful for your microphone, though, they are some that are adjustable so it might work with a great number of mics.
The Durability of the Boom Arm
Consider the length of the boom arm and whether it will be long enough to reach the desired position. You'll also want to make sure it is sturdy and durable enough to hold the microphone securely.
The Intended Use
You should think about how you plan to use the microphone and boom arm. Choose a model that is well-suited to your needs. For example, if you are using the microphone for podcasting or streaming, you may want to choose a boom arm with a flexible or adjustable design.
Features and Accessories
Some boom arms come with additional features or accessories, such as shock mounts or cable clips, which can be useful in certain situations. Consider whether you need any of these features and choose a boom arm accordingly.
That said, let's look at the top best microphone stand boom you can get in the market, without further ado, let's start with...
Recommended Microphone Stand Boom or Boom Arm
IXTECH Boom Arm - Adjustable 360° Rotatable Microphone Arm
- 🎙️ 𝗙𝗹𝗲𝘅𝗶𝗯𝗹𝗲 𝗠𝗶𝗰𝗿𝗼𝗽𝗵𝗼𝗻𝗲 𝗦𝘁𝗮𝗻𝗱 𝗪𝗶𝘁𝗵 𝗔𝗻𝗴𝗹𝗲 𝗔𝗱𝗷𝘂𝘀𝘁𝗺𝗲𝗻𝘁: Make your voice sound better in the podcasting studio. This 360° rotatable microphone boom arm allows you to get the perfect mic placement much easier and with better posture.
- 🎙️ 𝗦𝗽𝗮𝗰𝗲-𝗦𝗮𝘃𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗖𝗹𝗶𝗽-𝗢𝗻 𝗖𝗮𝗯𝗹𝗲 𝗛𝗼𝗹𝗱𝗲𝗿: With a convenient cable holder, this mic boom arm saves your desktop the mess of tangled cables, frees up a lot of space on your desk, and feels much more professional.
- 🎙️ 𝗗𝘂𝗮𝗹 𝗦𝘂𝘀𝗽𝗲𝗻𝘀𝗶𝗼𝗻 𝗦𝗽𝗿𝗶𝗻𝗴𝘀 𝗞𝗲𝗲𝗽 𝗧𝗵𝗲 𝗠𝗶𝗰 𝗦𝘁𝗮𝗻𝗱 𝗦𝘁𝗮𝗯𝗹𝗲: Our mic arm stand features sturdy suspension springs that hold your microphone steady in any position, preventing shaking, and making your recording much faster.
- 🎙️ 𝗙𝗼𝗹𝗱𝗮𝗯𝗹𝗲 𝘀𝗰𝗶𝘀𝘀𝗼𝗿 𝗮𝗿𝗺 𝗺𝗶𝗰 𝘀𝘁𝗮𝗻𝗱: This microphone arm stand is made for your convenience. It comes with a strong C-clamp for firm attachment to your desk and has a practical folding design for fuss-free storage and transportation.
- 🎙️ 𝗨𝗻𝗶𝘃𝗲𝗿𝘀𝗮𝗹 𝗠𝗶𝗰𝗿𝗼𝗽𝗵𝗼𝗻𝗲 𝗦𝗰𝗶𝘀𝘀𝗼𝗿 𝗔𝗿𝗺: Our microphone shock mount is compatible with most standard mics with a standard 5/8" or 3/8" threading and makes a must-have accessory for any radio or home recording studio.
The IXTECH Boom Arm is a unique and easy-to-use microphone stand that is perfect for singers and other performers. The stand features a sturdy metal construction that is built to last, and it is adjustable in height to provide the perfect fit for the singer.
It comes with a 360-degree adjustability which can be rotated and positioned in any direction, allowing the singer to position the microphone for optimal sound quality. This is a great feature for singers who need to move around a lot, as it allows for flexibility in positioning.
Another notable feature of the IXTECH Boom Arm is its easy setup and use. It is really easy to assemble and adjust, and it can be quickly and easily adjusted to the perfect height and position. This makes it an excellent option for singers who need to set up and tear down quickly between performances.
QuadCast Boom Arm Mic Stand, Adjustable Suspension Boom Scissor Arm Stand
- 【Perfect Boom Arm】- Suspension boom arm stand fit your HyperX QuadCast suitable, you can easily adjust the mic to the suitable angle or height to show your perfect voice.Before installing your hyperx microphone to the microphone arm, you can loosen the knob and adjust it to the angle you want to tighten after installing your gaming mic.
- 【Stability】- Mic boom arm is dual suspension springs on each boom arm, the knobs are reinforced to keep the mic arm where you want it to be,protects the HyperX QuadCast S microphone from shaking, sinking and making noise.
- 【Mic stand】- Before you receive this mic stand for hyperx quadcast, we pre-install the silver adapter for hyperx quadcast boom arm. Mic arm adapter can be converted from 3/8"to 5/8"for adapting HyperX QuadCast.
- 【Table Clamp Base】-Suspension boom arm comes with one desk clamp, can easily clip to any desktop up to 1.89"/4.8cm thick. The sponge on the mic stand desk base could protect your desk without any scratches when you swivel side screw.
- 【Package】- Included: 1x HyperX QuadCast Mic Scissor Arm Stand, 1x Table mounting clamp, 1x Screw adapter (3/8" to 5/8" match most microphones and shock mount，Pre-installation completed). Note: NOT INCLUDED STREAMING MIC.
Neewer Microphone Arm Stand, Heavy-Duty Mic Arm Microphone Stand Suspension Scissor Boom Stand
The Neewer Microphone Arm Stand is a unique and easy-to-use stand that is perfect for singers and other performers. The stand is made from high-quality materials, including a sturdy metal construction that is built to last. It is also easy to assemble and disassemble, making it convenient for singers who need to set up and break down quickly.
It is designed to be easily adjusted to the perfect height for the singer, which makes it more comfortable and effective to use. This is a great feature, as it allows the singer to customize the stand to their needs and ensures that they can perform at their best.
The boom arm can be extended and positioned to the ideal angle, which allows the singer to position the microphone for optimal sound quality. This is a great feature for singers who need to move around a lot, as it allows for flexibility in positioning.
This is recommended for users who are in need of a reliable, adjustable microphone stand.
Microphone Arm Stand, TONOR Adjustable Suspension Boom Scissor Mic Stand with Pop Filter
- Heavy Duty Construction: The T20 is made of durable steel for outstanding bearing capacity. Max load: 4lbs/1.8kg.
- Upgraded Desk Clamp: The desk clamp has 4 times larger contact area for easily clip to any desk up to 2.4''/60mm thick. In addition, the headset hook is integrated into the desk clamp.
- Universal Compatibility: The T20 comes with a standard 3/8" to 5/8" adapter for different shock mounts and microphones and it fits most microphones such as Hyperx QuadCast, Blue Yeti, Blue Snowball ICE, Rode NT1, Elgato Wave, Shure SM58, AT-2020, TONOR Q9 etc. (Note: The microphone and shock mount are not included.)
- Flexible Adjustment: The T20 offers 700mm horizontal/vertical distance and 360° full rotation. You can easily adjust it to get the best pickup.
- All in One: 1 x Boom arm, 1 x Desk clamp, 1 x Mic clip, 1 x 3/8" to 5/8" Adapter, 1 x Pop filter, 1 x Foam cover, 4 x Cable tie, 1 x Manual.
Microphone Stand Boom Arm, THRONMAX S3 Adjustable 360° Rotatable Mic Arm Desk
- 360° ROTATABLE BOOM ARM: Complete with Rotary Knob to provide shift and flexible angle adjustment. Hand tightening friction hinges also means there's no need for any additional tools
- DUAL SUSPENSION SPRINGS: Protects your microphone from shaking, suddenly dropping and making any noise interference so you can experience smooth and quiet operation
- SMART CABLE MANAGEMENT: keeps your setup tidy and simple. The clip-on cable holder allows cables to be stored away which means no more loose wires
- SCISSOR ARM DESIGN: Fold-able arm design allows for compact storage and easy transport whilst the robust c-clamp creates a solid connection with your desktop (also includes grommet mount adaptor)
- UNIVERSAL COMPATIBILITY: Designed for all Thronmax microphones, as well as other mics with standard 5/8" or 3/8" threading. It's also compatible with all standard shock mounts