Triple EQ is a free 3 bands semi-parametric eq by Blue Cat that can be controlled like a single filter, with customizable shape.
It features a low shelf filter, a high shelf filter and a boost/cut peak filter. Its wide range of gain (+/-40 dB per band) and bandwidth (.01 to 5 Octave) makes it very versatile to create any filter shape.
The three filters are linked together so that when you change the center frequency or the bandwidth, the parameters of the three filters are modified accordingly: you can control the entire equalizer characteristics with a single mouse click.
The good thing about this plugin is not the fact that it is only free but it also offers a dual channels version, with independent left/right or mid/side equalization capabilities. Both channels can be linked together in many ways, letting you transform this plugin into a frequency-dependent panner and much more.
- True WYSIWYG 3 bands semi-parametric equalizer / shapeable filter.
- Dual Mode: independent left and right or mid and side channels control.
- Multiple channels linking modes.
- +-40 dB range for each band.
- Automatic gain compensation.
- No latency.
- Real-time display of the frequency response with precise measurement and zooming capabilities.
- On-graph filter shape control.
- Full MIDI control and automation support, MIDI Learn.
- No CPU load on idle: processing shuts down when fed with silence (optimal the CPU usage).
- Customizable user interface with transparency & zoom.
- Smooth Bypass: noiseless plug-in activation / deactivation.
- Full-featured integrated presets manager.
- Copy/paste the state of the plug-in between instances.
- Any sample rate supported.
- An SSE2-enabled processor (Pentium 4 or newer).
- Microsoft Windows Vista, Windows 7, 8, or 10.
- Any VST / AAX compatible host software (32 or 64 bit).
Mac OS X
- An Intel processor.
- Mac OS 10.7 or newer.
- Any VST / Audio Unit (32/64-bit) / AAX compatible application.