MangledVerb combines reverb and distortion to give you a stunning effect, it sends a stereo reverb into distortion, and when that is done, you get a plugin that is capable of creating lush reverbs, ripping distortion leads and sound-sculpting musical chaos. This plugin is especially great if you are a guitarist, and if you are performing live, you'll enjoy the RIBBON, you can program two settings for any combination of the controls and seamlessly transition between them.
The way the RIBBON work is you click on the white dot at the tip of any knob and drag it to the desired setting for the left-hand side of the Ribbon. This will program the knob and draw a blue arc from the initial knob position to the new, programmed knob position.
Another feature of this plugin that I love are HotSwitch, Active, and Tap:
This is one of my favorite features of this plugin, with the Hotswitch, you can seamlessly toggle between two settings for any combination of knobs and gain controls, allowing you to quickly jump between two different sounds, which is amazing.
The active knob can be used to toggle the effect On and Off, it is as simple as that.
Tap: If Tempo Sync is in Off mode, repeatedly pressing Tap will update the Decay value to match a quarter note at the tempo being tapped. If Tempo Sync is in Manual mode, pressing Tap will update the tempo value. If Tempo Sync is in Sync mode, pressing Tap does nothing.
- Create out-of-this-world soundscapes by increasing the Size and Overdrive.
- Use it as Mono-In/Mono-Out, Mono-In/Stereo-Out or Stereo-In/Stereo-Out for ultimate flexibility.
- Smoothly move from Softclip distortion to Overdrive for ripping transitions.
- Use the Wobble control to create spooky detuning effects.
- Use The Ribbon control to easily manipulate multiple parameters in a live situation.
- Program the HotSwitch to instantly change multiple parameters at once.
- Optimized for live use with MIDI control of The Ribbon and Tap Tempo for quick meta-control on the fly.
- Use Mix Lock to scroll through presets while keeping the wet-dry mix constant.
A Brief History of MangledVerb
MangledVerb started life as a popular effect algorithm in Eventide’s rack-mount Eclipse and is one of the key algorithms included in our Space and H9 stompboxes. The plug-in version has been optimized for anyone working ‘in the box’ and presets can be shared between Space, the H9 and the MangledVerb plug-in.
- Windows 7 or higher // 32-64bit
- macOS 10.7 or higher // 64-bit only
- 64-bit only
- AAX, VST2 & VST3 Formats for Windows, and
- AAX, AU & VST2 Formats for mac