Most of the time, we are the cause of an audio issue, whatever you do, make sure you are using the best possible audio recording, this way you can avoid lots of hissing, pop, and faulty issues in your recordings, but sometimes, we simply can’t control that, which is where we utilize a plugin to do the heavy lifting, an example is the - “Pro Analogue Modelled Gate”
SSi Pro Analogue Modelled Gate is a plugin that tackles audio recording issues, whether you want to eliminate hissing, pop, or even background noise, Pro Analogue Gate is the right tool.
The way it works is similar to that of a Compressor, in fact, the only difference between a compressor, and a gate is that the compressor levels up the quiet sections in an audio signal, while the gate reduces the volume, so, if you are familiar with a compressor parameter, using gate would be a breeze.
Let’s get to know how some of its parameters work…
Pro Analogue Modelled Gate features the regular gate parameters, such as Threshold, Attack, Release, Range, and Gain. The threshold determines when the gate is triggered, so, when the signal goes below the threshold, it lowers the volume, which is dependent on the amount of setting dialed, and when it goes below the threshold, it closes the gate.
The attack determines how quickly the gate would fully open when the input volume is over the threshold.
For example, Once the signal reaches the threshold point, the attack will tell the gate, “hey I want you to start the gating after (n)millisecond “, simple right?
Just as it is necessary for a gate to determine when to react to sound, it is also necessary for the gate to determine when to release the reaction once it goes below the threshold, this is called Release. The release time is the time it takes for the gate to fully close when the input volume is under the threshold.
Also, you can use this plugin to create different effects such as ducking or stuttering vocals.
- High-end sound engine
- Controls for gain, attack/release, range, the threshold
- VU Meter
- Presets to get you started
- Professional GUI Design
- Very low CPU usage
- PC running a Windows operating system. VST-compatible DAW or VST hosting software
- This plugin is 32bit but can be run on 64bit systems using jBridge
- This plugin also operates within the 64-bit versions of Cubase, Nuendo, Bitwig Studio, Reaper, Tracktion, Renoise, FL Studio, Sonar, Mixcraft, and Samplitude using their inbuilt bridging.
- It is recommended that you always try out the demo before purchases to ensure that the plugin is compatible with your system.
- Minimal System Group Plugins run on Windows-based PCs using a suitable VST host or DAW. Our plugins have been fully tested within Ableton Live, Adobe Audition, Cakewalk Sonar, FL Studio, Energy XT, Presonus Studio One, Renoise, and Cubase.
Please Note: This plugin is 32bit but can be run on 64bit systems using jBridge.
Get SSi Pro Analogue Modelled Gate