TAL-Vocoder is a vintage vocoder emulation with 11 bands that emulates the sound of vocoders from the early ’80s. You will find an analog modeled components in combination with digital algorithms such as the SFFT (Short-Time Fast Fourier Transform).
This vocoder does not make a direct convolution of the carrier and modulation signal as other digital vocoders maybe do. It includes an envelope follower for each of the eleven bands. This vocoder is optimized for voice processing and includes some algorithms for consonants to make the voice more intelligible.
The carrier signal is a VCO (Voltage Controlled Oscillator) with a Pulse, Saw, Noise, and SubOsc. But it’s also possible to use the left stereo input as carrier. This way every sound source can be used as a carrier signal.
- 11 band vocoder engine.
- Internal carrier synth (pulse, saw, sub-OSC, noise, mono, poly, portamento, sync mode, tune).
- Possibility to route an external carrier signal.
- Harmonic control (adds more harmonics to any carrier signal)
- Clip LED glows if the input signal will be clipped.
- Panic button stops hanging notes within the synth.
- Documentation shows different routing possibilities.
- Low CPU usage.
- Side-Chain input.
- Works only on Stereo Channels at the moment!
- Windows: Windows XP or higher (32 / 64 bit)
- OSX: OSX 10.7 or higher (32 / 64 bit).
- AAX: Pro Tools 10.3.6 or higher
Download Tal Vocoder