GrainSpace is a granular processor by Audiority that focuses on real-time granularization and reverberation of the incoming audio signal.
Before we go further, I’ll love to give a basic explanation of how granularization works:
The way granulizers works is using source material as its wave sample, you don’t have to load any source, just load an instance of the GrainSpace plug-in in your mixer insert, and it then split wave sample into many small pieces, which is where the ‘Grain’ word comes from. It would playback the end result according to the setting you dialed, also, you can alter the length, and spacing of the grains.
Try listening to the demo below to get the idea of what I am talking about. The superb thing about this plug-in is that it can be used to stretch a wave without altering its pitch and vice versa.
I wish I could explain in words how you could use this tool creatively, well, I’ll just get back to the review:
GrainSpace provides dynamic grain generation (up to 32 per channel), 7-grain parameters, 4-grain modulators (including two 11 waveforms LFO), smearing, chord resonator, and reverb to create crazy sound effects, rich textures, and much more.
- Real-Time Granular Engine
- Recording Buffer of 2 seconds
- Playback modes: Stereo, Mono (L+R), Side
- Up to 32 grains per channel
- Grain Size up to 500ms
- 7 Grain Parameters (Size, Distance, Pitch, Feedback, Freeze, Position, and Stretch)
- 4 Grain Modulators (2 x LFO, 2 x Random Generators)
- Tempo sync’d LFO with 11 waveforms
- Chord Resonator
New in Version 2.0
- Reworked graphic interface
- Grain Filters
- HQ interpolation (switch on the toolbar)
- More modulations
- Chord Resonator
- Resizable GUI
- Windows XP SP3 or later // OSX 10.7 or later
- Intel i3 or higher
- 2GB RAM
- Screen resolution: 1024×768
- VST2, AAX 32-bit or 64-bit host
Get GrainSpace by Audiority