I previously reviewed EchoBoy by Soundtoys, where I mentioned how versatile, and powerful it is, and here we have the junior of Echoboy that is packed with quality, lots, and utility and is even more flexible.
Honestly, if you already own Echoboy, please you don't need this, but if you can't afford the price tag of Echoboy, then you can absolutely go with this.
EchoBoy Jr. features Seven iconic analog echo emulations in one super clean intuitive interface, and I love the fact that it works right off the bat. Here are the list of the iconic analog emulations included:
- Studio Tape: Modeled after the Ampex ATR-102.
- Plex: Modeled after the classic EP-3 tape echo.
- Space: Based on the RE-201 tape echo.
- Cheap Tape: The sound of worn-out tape.
- Memory: Modeled after the classic bucket-brigade echo pedal.
- Ambient: Warm, diffuse, chorused echoes.
- Transmitter: Resonant CB radio style.
- Get the sound of seven classic analog echo devices in one easy-to-use plug-in.
- Analog-style feedback with self-oscillation effects for trippy sci-fi takeoff and landing effects
- Three stereo processing modes: Normal, Wide, and Ping-Pong
- Change echo time with either analog “pitch glide”, or time-stretching sound effect.
- Dial-in the perfect echo tone with saturation and low and high-frequency equalization controls.
- Control echo time in musical units like ¼ note, ½ note, dotted, triplet, synchronized to host session tempo. Or go old-school and set times in milliseconds.
- Choose from a carefully curated set of presets for any style or instrument.
Plug-in Formats (64-bit only):
- AAX Native, AAX AudioSuite, VST, and Audio Units (AU)
Supported Sample Rates:
- Minimum: 44.1 kHz, Maximum: 192 kHz
- Operating systems: Mac OS X 10.8 or later; Windows 7 or later
- An internet connection is required at the time of activation
- A FREE account at ilok.com is required (a physical USB iLok is not required)
Officially Supported Host Applications
All version 5 Soundtoys products come with 64-bit VST, AU, and AAX Native plug-in formats. Here is a list of all of the DAWs (Digital Audio Workstations) that we currently support:
- Fl Studio 10 and above (I personally tested this, that is what I used in the audio demo above)
- Pro Tools 10.3.5 – 2018 (Mac & PC: AAX Native and AudioSuite)
- Logic Pro 9 & X (Mac: AudioUnits)
- Ableton Live 9.2.2 – 10.1 (Mac: AudioUnits & VST; Windows: VST)
- Digital Performer 8 – 10 (Mac: AudioUnits & VST; Windows: VST)
- Studio One 4.5 (Mac: AudioUnits & VST; Windows: VST)
- Cubase 7 – 10 (Mac & PC: VST)
- Nuendo 6 – 10 (Mac & PC: VST)
Get EchoBoy Jr. by Soundtoys