ChorX combines four types of Vintage Chorus effects (Synthex, CS-80 Dim-D, and V+ 330 ), based on Bucket-Brigade Delay (BBD) emulation with a sophisticated True Stereo Dynamic Spatializer.
The True Stereo engine can position all the signals in a stereo image. Whether you want to push the element in front of the stereo field or father, it’s well capable of that.
In short, ChorX gives you the opportunity of controlling the space of whatever you are mixing, be it a lead vocal, instrument, etc.
I mentioned that you can add a chorus to a percussive instrument above, but with ChorX, you can do it better as it doesn’t destroy the low end of your instruments, it will let you treat percussive material while leaving the transients dry, only adding chorus to the tail of the instruments, you get the idea.
The Chor’X 1.5 provides four standard chorus structures you can choose by clicking on the Synthex, Dim-D, CS80, or V+330 buttons. These choruses are built with special filters and compander (compressor-expender) emulations to get as close as possible to the existing old analog chorus unit.
What I find interesting about this plugin is not only the intuitiveness, but also the 2D pads, which allow very precise tuning of parameters like the Chorus rates, amounts, etc, instant visual feedback, and the true joy of seeing your stereo image moving while the balls are dancing to the sound of your music.
- Easy and Fast workflow with the Legacy/Advanced mode
- Four Bucket-Brigade Delay emulations
- Four standard chorus structures (with special filtering and compander emulations)
- Two 2-D pads for easy parameter tweaking
- True Stereo Dynamic Engine
- Advanced Dry/Wet modulation with an impulse follower
- Advance Amount modulation with an envelope follower
- True stereo path with independent Right and Left Chorus structures
- Advanced preset management
- All parameters are MIDI controllable
- Mac OSX 10.5 and later: VST, Audio Unit, RTAS (Protools 7.0 and later), AAX (32&64 bits, native)
- Windows XP, Vista and 7 & 8; VST, RTAS (Protools 7.0 and later), AAX (32&64 bits, native)
- 1 Gigabyte of RAM and a 1 GHz processor.
Get ChorX by XILS Lab