On my hunt for some good free chorus vst effect plugin, I came across Modul8, which is a free chorus VST effect plugin for Windows users.
Modul8 by sender spike is inspired by multiple Japanese stomp-boxes well known for their unique sound and approach to modulation, which in turn makes Modul8 a dual LFO stereo chorus plugin. The dual means that the resulting modulation is a combination of two LFOs scaled according to their respective modulation width, which results in an almost endless number of rhythmic variations in the modulation pattern.
I am currently experimenting with Modul8 on some vocals and other sounds. So, you should definitely give this a try, anyway, here are the features:
- Two independent LFOs with on/off switches and adjustable speed and width (LFO A oscillates at 0.8 Hz to 8 Hz, and LFO B oscillates at 0.3 Hz to 3 Hz)
- Feedback control that sets the amount of flanging
- Optional filtering and adjustable drive of the modulated signal
- Phase invert on R channel for wide stereo (mono incompatible)
- LFO mute “kill-switch” for musical phrasing
- Separate wet and dry controls
Please note that, Modul 8 is a plugin for Windows (VST, 64-bit). The download is instant, doesn’t require any kind of registration.