There are many audio converter software programs available on the market, both paid and free.
If you are in need of an audio converter but don't want to spend any money, there are a number of free fantastic options to choose from.
In this guide, we will take a look at the best 5 free audio converter software programs, steps on how to use them to convert audio files, highlighting their key features and capabilities.
Whether you are a beginner looking to convert audio files for the first time or an experienced producer in need of a quick and easy way to convert audio, these free audio converter software programs are sure to have something to offer.
The following is the list and the best free audio converter software...
Freemake Audio Converter
Freemake Audio Converter is a free audio converter software program developed by Freemake that allows you to convert audio files between a wide range of formats (50+), including MP3, WMA, WAV, M4A, AAC, FLAC, and more.
One of the key features of Freemake Audio Converter is its simple, user-friendly interface.
It is designed to be easy to use, even for those who are new to audio conversion, and comes loaded with a range of advanced options, such as the ability to adjust audio quality, change audio settings, and more.
Another awesome feature of Freemake Audio Converter is its support for batch conversion which allows you to convert multiple audio files at once, saving you time and effort.
How To Convert With Freemake Audio Converter
To convert audio with Freemake Audio Converter, follow these steps:
- Download and install Freemake Audio Converter on your computer from the link I provided below
- Launch the program and drag and drop audio files into the program window.
- Select the output format by choosing "to Format" (below the window) you want to convert to. Freemake Audio Converter supports a wide range of formats, including MP3, WMA, WAV, and more.
- If desired, you can adjust the audio quality and other settings using the options in the program window.
- When you are ready with all the parameters, select the destination folder on your PC or cloud storage. This may be any desktop location or your cloud storage folder (Google Drive, Dropbox, etc.). The app will memorize this destination for further usage.
- Click the "Convert" button to begin the conversion process. Freemake Audio Converter will convert your audio files and save them to the location you specify.
Download Freemake Audio Converter
MediaHuman Audio Converter
MediaHuman Audio Converter is a free audio converter software program developed by MediaHuman for macOS and Windows. It allows you to convert audio files between a wide range of formats, including MP3, AAC, WMA, OGG, etc. as well as in lossless formats like FLAC, Apple Lossless, AIFF, and WAV (up to 32-bit).
- Simple and intuitive interface
- Converts between all key audio formats
- Splits lossless tracks by CUE sheet
- Exports to iTunes/Music.app
- Generates filenames using ID3 tags
- Converts multiple files simultaneously
- Keeps folder structure
- Extracts audio track from video
How To Convert With MediaHuman Audio Converter
- Download and install MediaHuman Audio Converter on your computer from the link I provided below
- Add the Files you want to convert, for example, if say you want to convert a WMA file, you press Add button on the toolbar to add some WMA files for conversion. Browse to the folder with your audio files and select them.
- Choose the format you want to convert the file, for example, if you want to convert it to MP3, you choose it in the top menu where audio formats are located
- You can also choose settings for the format, you can select the MP3 format and specify codec settings (like channels, bitrate, and sample rate). You can select among predefined settings or create a new one. To do it select Custom and specify these options individually. It will be saved for further usage.
- Now start conversion by pushing the convert button, on Windows, it is located just before the settings icon
Download MediaHuman Audio Converter
Free Audio Converter
Free Audio Converter by dvdvideosoft is one of the most popular audio converters out there, it supports all popular audio file formats and converts between AAC, AC3, AIFF, ape, FLAC, m4a, m4b, mka, mp3, Ogg, ra, tta, wav, WMA, and many more.
It also has an intuitive way to adjust conversion settings. The way it works is that each format is provided with a profile kit and a preset editor. You can create new presets, delete and edit the old ones, and modify the audio converter settings and parameters.
How To Convert With Free Audio Converter
This one is straightforward:
- As usual, you download and install Free Audio Converter on your computer from the link I provided below
- Add Files by clicking on the Add Files button
- Choose the convert to format, this is located right after the Add Files button
- Push the Convert button (in blue) and...
Download Free Audio Converter
This is my favorite and the reason it is last on the page has nothing to do with its quality, I only listed the one that does audio conversion out of the box at the top which is also part of the feature that AIMP supports.
AIMP is a free audio player and converter software program developed by AIMP DevTeam. In addition to its audio playback capabilities, it also includes a range of audio conversion tools that allow you to convert audio files between a wide range of formats, including MP3, WMA, WAV, and more.
One thing I love about AIMP is its user-friendly interface.
You also get a range of features to help you manage and organize your audio collection, such as playlist support, audio tagging, and more. It also includes a range of audio effects, such as equalization and reverb, which can be used to further shape and enhance the sound.
I'll highly recommend AIMP if you would be doing more than audio conversion.
How To Convert With AIMP
This one is the easiest, to cover audio with AIMP, first of all:
- Download and install AIMP on your computer from the link I provided below
- Now, you don't have to open AIMP, just go to any folder that has audio you would like to convert, right-click and you should see AIMP in the context menu, hover AIMP, and to your left, you would "convert to other format" at the bottom
- Choose the Format you would like to convert the audio to, and if you like you can click on the rename checkbox to tell AIMP to rename the file once the conversion is done
- Hit the Start button, and your audio file should have been converted
FormatFactory is a multifunctional media processing tool that comes with the following features:
- Support for Most multimedia format, mp3, Ogg, and many more
- Repair damaged video files
- Multimedia file size decrease
- Can specify the format conversion
- Online videos download from many video websites: YouTube, Youku, etc.
- and many more features