Most reverb plugin simulates the reverberation of the real world e.g a hall, chamber, and the like. Eventide - Blackhole took it a bit further by allowing you to create virtual spaces that could never exist in reality (perhaps, that is why they went for the name - Blackhole).
If you love experimenting with reverbs, then this plugin is a must for you, it exhibits a couple of good features such as the ability to create space-warping special effects and drones, creating musical and subtle effects for bringing out key instruments in your mix.
Eventide Blackhole Features
Let's get to know a couple of its parameters and how they work:
Eventide Blackhole Parameters
Blackhole comes along with some awesome parameters that help in further making an adjustment to the way you want it to act, here are the major ones:
Gravity: This act as decay time, when you turn the gravity knob to the right-hand side, it sweeps from a very dense decay to a very long and smooth decay, when you turn the knob to the left, it inverses, e.g a reverse decay time.
Predelay: This sets the amount of delay before the actual reverb kicks in, it is the amount of time between the original dry sound and the audible onset of early reflections and reverb tail.
Low: It controls the level of low frequencies in the reverb tail using a shelving filter
High: This controls the level of high frequencies in the reverb tail using a shelving filter.
Mod Rate: The relative speed of the modulation in the reverb tail, I actually love this one, if used properly, it can greatly enhance the mix.
Similarly to the one in Eventide - Spring, it is a super fun feature that allows dynamic control of several knobs at once, by programming the left and right range, the Ribbon lets you morph between settings by clicking anywhere on the Ribbon and moving the electric arc back and forth.
To make this work, you click on the white dot at the tip of any knob and drag it to the desired setting for the left-hand side of the Ribbon. This will program the knob and draw a blue arc from the initial knob position to the new, programmed knob position.
Kill, Hotswitch and Freeze
This is one of my favorite features of this plugin, with the Hotswitch, you can seamlessly toggle between two settings for any combination of knobs and gain controls, allowing you to quickly jump between two different sounds, which is amazing.
The KILL button kills the input to the reverb section allowing you to hear the reverb tail fade out, this is handy when automating.
FREEZE sets the reverb time to infinite, it freezes the audio, and the good thing about this feature is that you can make changes to some controls when the FREEZE is active.
Blackhole comes with around 50 superb ready-mades presets to kick-start your sound exploration. These preset cover spaces as small as a room and as large as the space itself.
- Incredibly easy to use with over 50 presets; many created by Eventide artists
- Ability to create extremely musical effects useful for highlighting key instruments
- Supernatural settings for abstract spatial effects and drones
- Subtle settings for ambient washes and track higlighting
- Unique “Gravity” control reverses the arrow of time by inverting the reverb's decay
- Kill Switch mutes the input so you only hear the reverb. This makes for some incredible effects when automated
- Mix Lock allows for scrolling through presets or settings while keeping the wet/dry mix constant
- Fully flexible mono and stereo options. Bring new realms of stereo imaging to mono instruments
- Innovative Ribbon and Hot Switch allow for changing any combination of parameters simultaneously
- Full support for the Native Instruments NKS Effects system.
►System Requirements: PC
- Windows 7+ (32/64-bit)
- AAX 32/64-bit
- VST2 32/64-bit
- NKS Integration
- macOS 10.7+ (64-bit only)
- AAX 64-bit
- AU 64-bit,
- VST2 64-bit
- NKS Integration
Get Eventide Blackhole Reverb