Gatekeeper by Polyverse is a flexible, and cutting edge volume modulation, it is capable of producing sequenced volume patterns, MIDI gates, stutter effects, pseudo-sidechain (ducking) effects, planned dynamics, creative gain clipping, and much more.
Whether you plan on using Gatekeeper as an LFO, envelope, step sequencer, or volume automation, Gatekeeper is capable of all that, plus it has 8 MIDI programmable envelopes, CV output for external hardware, and hundreds of presets that will spice up your sounds.
The Envelope Selector is located at the upper left section, with this selector, you can choose up to 8 envelopes for editing. Combine the envelopes to create panning effects, polyrhythms, layered parts or trigger them separately. You'll notice an Eye icon beside the selector, this is useful for toggling background view of all enabled envelopes.
Envelope Trigger & Grid Controls
This is located at the bottom left section, the play button when engaged will trigger the envelope, and repeat continuously. The Grid control is useful for controlling the note values ranging from one full bar down to 128th notes. The Grid can be modified by activating (D) Dotted, (T) Triplet, or Swing. When Grid is set to TIME value and AutoPlay is active, the envelope will not sync to your host BPM.
If you want to spice up the effect, you can add Grid Swing, which applies a swing or shuffle rhythm to the Grid.
As basics as it seems, the editing tool can help to further shape the nodes. It allows you to create, select, and move nodes within the Envelope Grid. My favorite tool is the Paint Tool, it allows you to draw envelopes based on a number of available preset shapes, it contains a plethora of shapes, so, you can simply choose one, and move on.
► Key Features:
- Sample fast and precise volume modulation
- Expressive and fun envelope drawing tools
- Boost and clip features for extra punch
- Smoothing algorithm to eliminate clicks and pops
- 8 independent volume envelopes
- Fully customizable midi-triggering
- Panning tools
- Tempo mapped looping
- CV output for Modular synths
- Hundreds of presets
► System Requirements:
- Platform - Mac/PC
- Bit Depth 32/64
- Format - AAX, VST, AU
- Hardware Requirements - Mac: Intel Core 2 Duo or higher, 4GB RAM minimum
- Hardware Requirements - PC: Intel Core 2 Duo/AMD Athlon 64x2 or higher, 4GB RAM minimum
- OS Requirements - Mac: OS X 10.6 or later
- OS Requirements - PC Windows 7 SP1 or later