Tokyo Dawn Labs built upon the free SlickEQ they released a couple of years back, this version introduces a “Tilt”-filter with flexible low-pass and high-pass filters, five distinct EQ models provide a rich set of predefined EQ curves and behaviors for the three main semi-parametric filter bands.
It also features a switchable EQ non-linearity and seven different output stages. These options offer subtle and interesting textures, from the typical “mojo” often associated with high-quality analogue audio gear, up to more obvious saturation.
That's not all, if you are a fan of using auto-gain, then it comes bundled with one, this way you can automatically compensate for changes of perceived loudness during EQ (within reasonable limits) and a gain-trim feature helps control peak overloads with ease.
The 64-bit multi-rate processing scheme practically eliminates typical problems of digital EQ implementations such as frequency-warping, quantization distortion, and aliasing.
Lastly, SlickEQ GE allows you to exclusively process the stereo sum or stereo difference without external sum/difference encoding (see “M/S” microphony).
- 64bit “delta” multi-rate structure
- Three semi-parametric filter bands, each with two shape options
- Five distinct EQ models: American, British, German, Soviet, and Japanese
- Low-band offers an optional phase-lag able to delay low frequencies relative to higher frequencies
- High pass filter with optional “Bump” mode
- Low pass filter with two different slopes (6dB/Oct and 12dB/Oct)
- Parametric Tilt filter with optional “V” mode.
- Seven output stages: Linear, Silky, Mellow, Deep, Excited, Toasted, and Funky
- Smart EQ actions: Match Pink, Match reference, De-resonate, and Auto HP/LP.
- Highly effective loudness compensated auto gain control
- Frequency magnitude response display including a real-time analyzer
- Stereo, mono, left, right and sum/difference (mid/side) processing options
- Added VST3 support.
- Added UI scales: 100%, 125%, and 150%.
- Added "Live" quality mode offering zero-latency operation.
- Fixed DC appearing in "funky" saturation mode.
- Added "Dual Mono*" mode (stereo operation with randomized tolerances).
- Added new saturation mode "Seven".
- Added Smart Operation Panel.
- Win XP SP2 or above
- VST (32-bit / 64-bit)
- AAX (64-bit only)
- Mac OS X 10.7 or above
- VST, AU, AAX (64-bit only)