MB-7 Mixer by Blue Cat is a multiband EQ mixer that gives you an almost infinite way to mix, and process frequency bands as if they were separate tracks.
Each band emulates the display of a mixing console with similar control, you can bypass, mute, or solo each band separately to isolate frequencies you want to work on, adjust the gain, and even stereo positioning.
An interesting feature I like is the fact that I can check the mono compatibility when adjusting the stereo image, you can use the mono switch on the master bus for that.
Let's get to know some of its features...
A Multi-Band VST Host
The superb thing about the MB-7 mixer is that you can operate it as a multiband VST Host, this means, you can process each band independently with your favorite VST plug-ins, and you have the option to load up to four plug-ins on each band, pre or post-fader.
Latency compensation preset management, undo/redo integration, and individual plug-in bypass are included for optimal operation.
Also, it features unique linking and grouping options, you can link bands together within a single instance or between several instances of the plug-in on different tracks. This lets a simple fader control as many bands on as many tracks as you want. This is particularly useful when adjusting the placement or the balance of several competing tracks.
Blue Cat's MB-7 Mixer also provides comprehensive visual feedback to let you know what's exactly going on: for each channel, monitor the spectrum, the in/out levels, and the frequency response.
Thanks to its advanced MIDI and automation input capabilities, when combined with its other plug-ins, Blue Cat's MB-7 Mixer is capable of advanced side-chaining features that really unveil its potential.
Some Scenarios You'll Find MB-7 Mixer Useful:
- Multiband levels correction
- multiband VST hosting
- spectral enhancement
- multiband stereo widening
- multiband stereo placement
- frequency isolation
- EQ, spectrum inspection
- spectrum-based side chain effects
- apply audio effects to a selected frequency range, VST plug-in bridge.
- Multiband mixing console: adjust the levels, panning, and "stereoness" of each band separately.
- Multiband VST, VST3, and Audio Unit Host: insert third party VST, VST3, and AU plug-ins and process each band independently.
- 30 built-in effects for multiband processing: EQ, filters, pitch & frequency shifter, delays, reverb, modulation effects, compressor, gate, bit crusher, waveshaper, and more.
- External side chain support for sub-plug-ins on each band.
- Parameters Mapping: map sub-plug-in parameters to automate them or use a control surface.
- Flexible Audio routing: connect sub-plug-ins i/o to any audio channel for multi-mono effects or creative side chain.
- Pre and post-fader VST/VST3/AU plug-in inserts, with full latency compensation.
- Up to 7 bands, with crossover filters from 12 to 192 dB/Oct for optimal separation.
- Multiple instances linking: group bands within a single instance or between multiple instances of the plug-in. Modify the spectrum on multiple tracks with a single slider.
- Bypass, mute, and solo on every band.
- Mono switch on master for the mono compatibility check.
- Dual Mode: independent left and right or mid and side channels control.
- Complete visual feedback with real-time response curves, spectrogram, and levels display for each band.
- Sidechaining made easy: a unique way to perform multi-band side chain compression, ducking, gating, and much more.
- No additional latency.
- An SSE2-enabled processor (Pentium 4 or newer).
- Microsoft Windows Vista, Windows 7, 8, or 10.
- Any VST / AAX compatible host software (32 or 64-bit).
Mac OS X
- An Intel processor.
- Mac OS 10.7 or newer.
- Any VST / Audio Unit (32/64-bit) / AAX compatible application.