I have tried a couple of Noise remover plugins in the past but the ones I tried weren't up to my taste, which is why you won't find any review of noise remover plugins on Exclusivemusicplus.
However, I came across ERA 4 Noise Remover, and my perspective changed completely, it is not only simple to use but also works pretty well, so...
What is ERA 4 Noise Remover
ERA 4 Noise Remover is a simple and easy-to-use one-knob noise remover plugin that automatically detects and removes background noise in an audio signal.
Before we go further into this review, I'll love to point out that I love the way Accusonus implemented a processing focus feature, this ensures you are denoising the right frequency spectrum instead of blatantly applying it to the whole frequency, you can also choose the full frequency if that's what you want.
Let's get to know some of its features...
The processor is the big round knob at the center of the plugin and is the main control of the noise remover. You can dial in the amount of processing you want depending on how you want the noise suppressed, I find a range of 40 - 50% okay if you want to remove vocal background noise, play with the knob range and choose your desired setting.
Here comes one of my favorite features...
Processing Focus and Buzz Control
The processing focus buttons ensure you are expressing the right frequency spectrum, it features five buttons:
- All-Frequency Focus: This focuses on the full frequency spectrum
- Hi-Frequency Focus: This focuses on the high-end range of the frequency spectrum, you can use this to clean up hiss sounds or noise that are concentrated in the higher frequency
- Low-Frequency Focus: This focuses on the low-end range of the frequency spectrum, this is the preferred option if you have rumbles in your vocals.
- Hi/Low-Frequency Focus: This focuses on between the high and low-end range.
- Mid-frequency Focus: This is more on the mid-range
You might want to take a good listening to the audio samples to get a better idea of what your focus should be.
On the left side at the top of the Focus is the Hum/Buzz control, turn this on if you have a static noise.
This is another of my favorite feature of this plugin, A/B switch is nothing new, but the way Accusonus implemented this is amazing. You can use the A/B switch to compare two settings, and it doesn't stop there, you can adjust the controls such as Processing, Gain, Focus independently for the A and the B setting, which is super awesome.
Note: If you notice the level of the output signal is lower than the original signal, use the output gain as a makeup gain, this way, you can adjust the level of the output signal.
- Single knob operation
- Simple and streamlined user interface
- Automatic noise suppression
- Precision-grade audio repair functionality
- Uncompromised sound quality
- Minimal CPU usage
- Low latency
- Resizable UI
- macOS 10.10 or higher // Windows 7 or higher
- Hard Disk Space: 250MB (minimum) for Windows and 600MB for macOS
- Screen Resolution: 800x600 (minimum)
- Sample Rates: 44.1, 48, 88.2, 96 kHz
- RAM: 2GB (minimum)
- VST, AU, AAX Native (64-bit)
Get ERA 4 Noise Remover