JAY-Z’s ‘Reasonable Doubt’ Joins the Grammys Hall of Fame—And He’s Got More to Say
JAY-Z is getting his flowers—again. This time, his legendary debut album, Reasonable Doubt, is being inducted into the Grammys Hall of Fame.
The Recording Academy made the announcement on February 13, revealing that Hov’s classic will be honored alongside other iconic projects like Luther Vandross’ Never Too Much, Santana’s Supernatural, and Gloria Estefan & Miami Sound Machine’s Conga. The official Grammy Hall of Fame Gala is set to take place in Los Angeles on May 16.
“Music has the power to shape culture and mark moments in time,” said Recording Academy CEO Harvey Mason Jr. “Each inducted recording reflects that spirit, and we’re excited to celebrate these impactful works, ensuring their legacies continue to inspire generations to come.”
JAY-Z remains the most decorated rapper in Grammy history, with 25 wins, surpassing Kanye West (24) and Kendrick Lamar (22). And, of course, he’s married to the all-time Grammy leader, Beyoncé, who holds 35 awards.
Interestingly, while Reasonable Doubt is an undeniable part of his legacy, JAY-Z doesn’t fully own its copyright—yet. Legal documents uncovered last year revealed that once Roc-A-Fella Records’ ownership expires in 2031, full rights to the album will revert to Shawn Carter himself.
JAY-Z Speaks Out After Dismissed Lawsuit
While the Reasonable Doubt news is cause for celebration, JAY-Z has also been dealing with a serious legal battle. Recently, a lawsuit accusing him and Diddy of raping a minor 25 years ago was withdrawn after intense scrutiny over its claims.
On February 14, the anonymous woman’s lawyer, Tony Buzbee, filed to dismiss the lawsuit in federal court. Notably, the case was dismissed without prejudice, meaning it could be refiled in the future.
JAY-Z, who vehemently denied the allegations, spoke out following the decision, calling it a “victory” while addressing the toll it took on him and his family.
“Today is a victory. The frivolous, fictitious, and appalling allegations have been dismissed. This civil suit was never going anywhere,” he said in a statement shared by Roc Nation.
“The fictional tale they created was laughable, if not for the seriousness of the claims. I would not wish this experience on anyone. The trauma that my wife, my children, my loved ones, and I have endured can never be dismissed.”
He also took aim at Buzbee, criticizing the legal system for allowing baseless lawsuits to be filed with little consequence.
“This 1-800 lawyer gets to file a suit hiding behind Jane Doe, and when they quickly realize that the money grab is going to fail, they get to walk away with no repercussions. The system has failed,” he said.
“The courts must protect victims, OF COURSE, while at the same time ensuring innocent people aren’t accused without evidence. May the truth prevail for all victims and those falsely accused.”
As JAY-Z closes the chapter on this lawsuit, he’s also solidifying his place in music history—again. With Reasonable Doubt now cemented in the Grammys Hall of Fame, it’s clear that his legacy, both in music and beyond, is untouchable.