Digital Labs is known for simplicity while also maintaining the fidelity of the plugin mechanism, an example is the Gatey Watey plugin, and here we have "Imperial Delay" by Boz.
Imperial Delay is designed to be simple and as well versatile, it gives you full control over every nuance of your delay but does so in a way that doesn't get in the way of your creative side.
It features a built ducking (sidechaining) where the direct signal brings down the level of the delay effect to avoid mumbling of too many frequencies. Also, you get dynamic feedback, which has two levels of feedback, level-dependent on the loudness of the input signal.
One of the features I really dig is the Pitch function, this gives you the ability to independently detune left and right channels. It can create interesting effects, as well as doubling. In subtle amounts, it enhances stereo width without phase issues.
The smear knob provides a low-pass filter effect for placing the delay signal deeper into the background, with the effect applied progressively with each feedback pass.
►Here are all of its features in a nutshell:
- Drive, Feedback, Duck, Color, Smear, Modulation, and Chorus controls with on/off buttons and Advanced Section editing controls with presets
- “Drive” adds distortion and harmonics to the input signal
- “Duck” compresses the delayed output letting you have more extreme delay settings allowing your original dry track to shine through
- “Smear” softens the sharp edges of the delayed signal enabling it to function like a reverb, putting it more in the background
- “Offset” delays the right channel; setting becomes a fixed rate relative to the main delay value
- “Color” tone-shaping control adds more color to the feedback signal as it repeats
- “Dynamic Feedback” changes feedback value via a threshold (like a gate)
- Advanced section presets let you save individual modifications without changing other settings
- Powerful delay and muli-FX
- Advanced features for each effect
- Quick to dial in, but tweakable for days
- Win: VST 32/64, RTAS, AAX Native
- Mac: VST 32/64, AU 32/64, RTAS, AAX Native
Get Imperial Delay